Thursday, April 9, 2009
cy foods...Have you ever eaten something terribly spicy or hot and tried to make it stop? It's not only annoying, but it hurts, too. Want to prevent that? Here's how:
1. Eat something sweet and cold beforehand. It will lighten the blow of the oil. Icecream is good.
2. Eat something spicy.
3. Have a packet or a spoonful of sugar.
4. Put the sugar in your mouth, and suck on it for about 20 seconds.
5. If that does not work, try drinking milk.
6. If both of those do not work, then eat something light and fluffy, such as wheat products...bread, muffins, bagels, etc.
7. Eating chocolate also helps.
8. Ice cream or yogurt can help stop the spiciness.
* Eating a good sized slice of lemon or lime with the skin on will take away the spiciness. The oil from the skin will strip the oil of the chili from your tongue.
* Milk will only help briefly as it cannot strip the oil.
* Bread works because its texture and composition helps it absorb the oiliness of spice. You can also use something similar.
* Do not drink water because water spreads oil around.
* If you feel tingling and itching on your body, especially on your head, you might be dehydrated. Drink something.
* Dairy products and wheat products work very well.
* Don't suck out all the slimy saliva!! That helps cool you down too.
Things You'll Need
* Spicy food