Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Want to spice up your old breakfast routine? Use this recipe to make a delicious version of Mexican-style scrambled eggs. For a more authentic Mexican egg dish, try huevos rancheros, instead.
* 3 large eggs
* 1 regular package pork, beef, or vegetarian chorizo.
* Spices (optional)
o Adobe Seasoning
* 1 Tbsp Milk/Cream
* 1-2 Tbsp butter, vegetable oil, or olive oil
* Tortillas, your choice.
* Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and with a fork or whisk, and beat them until they are combined.
2. Add the spices, milk, salt and pepper and beat the eggs again.
3. Preheat a small frying pan on medium heat.
4. Add a bit of butter or oil to the pan, once it is warm.
5. Add the chorizo to the pan and cook it if necessary. If the chorizo does not need cooking, toss it in the pan by itself for a moment to heat it through.
6. Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs reach the desired consistency.
8. Serve with salsa on or in tortillas, if desired. Shredded cheese would make a good topping, too.
If frying the chorizo first, you may not need to add butter or oil. Use your judgment based on how much fat is in the chorizo.Chop up the chorizo before adding it if it can't be crumbled in the pan as it cooks.Chopped bell pepper or other peppers of your choice would make a good addition to this dish. Stir-fry them gently with the sausage, just before adding the eggs.Don't over-stir the eggs as you cook them.
Be careful not to burn yourself when you use the stove.
If you put in too many spices you might burn your tongue due to all the spice.