Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Have you ever eaten that disgusting fruit in a can, called fruit salad? Instead, make a fruit salad with Sri Lankan style out of fresh fruit that will blow you away! It's delicious and nutritious.
* Pineapple chunks (in this case, canned is fine)
* Sugar (if you wish)
1. Wash your fruit (oranges, kiwis, grapes, apples).
2. Open the can of pineapple and put the Pineapple chunks into the bowl.
3. Peel and cut the oranges,kiwi,and apple into bite sized pieces and put into bowl.
4. Take the grapes off their stems and put into bowl.
5. Then add 1/4 teaspoon of sugar(As your taste desires).
6. Add some lemon juice into the fruit bowl.
7. Mix the fruits together.
8. Put the delicious fruit salad into dessert cups and Serve to your family.
9. Enjoy your Sri Lankan fresh fruit salad!
* Some people like to add sugar to sweeten.
* Serve in bowls or on paper plates if at a picnic and eat with your fork.
* Lemon yogurt will keep it fresh and slightly sweeten, just mix in straight from the container.