Monday, October 19, 2009
An easy way to BBQ or grill a whole fish without burning it is to use newspaper.
1. Scale and gut the fish, give it a rinse in cold water and pat dry.
2. Brush with olive oil.
3. Season inside and out with the salt & pepper.
4. Get your newspaper and open it out in the centre.
5. Spread some of the herbs and sliced lemon in the middle and place the fish on top of them.
6. Place more herbs and lemon slices over the fish, drizzle with extra olive oil.
7. Wrap your fish up tightly, remembering to tuck in the sides of the newspaper and tie up well.
8. Dunk the parcel in a bucket of cold water and place it on the rack on your barbecue or on a rack over an open fire for about 20 - 30 minutes each side (depending how fierce the fire is). The paper will blacken but the fish will be perfect.
9. When you’re ready to serve, just cut the string and paper off, unwrap the fish and serve.Good served with a simple salad.Salmon is excellent cooked this way.
Things You'll Need
* 1 x 3½lb/1.5kg whole fish
* 1 newspaper
* 2 thinly sliced lemons
* 4 handfuls of fresh herbs such as flat leaf parsley, basil, dill or fennel
* Olive Oil
* Sea Salt
* Ground black pepper